How can parents/carers support their youngster’s education at Knox Academy?
A number of ways are listed below:
- Contact the school office before the start of the school day if your son/daughter is going to be absent
- Send notes regarding appointments at least one day before the appointment
- Send notes when your son/daughter returns to school following a period of absence. This is required in addition to a morning telephone call.
- Ensure the contact details held by the school are up to date. It is essential that the school office is advised of any change to address/telephone number – without accurate contact details the school cannot contact parents/guardians in an emergency or to discuss any concerns
- Encourage pupils to wear full dress code on a daily basis; it promotes a positive and businesslike ethos within the school. Visitors to the school regularly comment on the smart dress of our pupils
- Encourage your son/daughter to take an active part in PE, and ensuring they remember to pack their kit!
- Get involved in our extra-curricular activities. This involvement could be in a variety of roles, for example, assisting with coaching, overseeing a senior pupil coaching, travelling to events with teams or acting as an official
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and return the reply slips that accompany report cards
- Every pupil has a homework diary/planner. Discuss this regularly with your youngster and ensure they complete homework on time. Please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate Guidance Teacher with any concerns
- Join the Knox Academy Parent Council or the Parent Teacher Association. If you can’t spare the time there are many events throughout the year that you could support on a one-off basis
- Bullying in school can be best tackled if parents/guardians, teachers and pupils all work together to find a solution. Please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate Guidance Teacher or Depute Head Teacher with any concerns
- The school is always trying to establish closer links with the local business community. If you would like to be involved in any way, get in touch!
Support us in our efforts to enable all youngsters to become: