The Learner Journey - Information for Parents
Qualifications have changed a lot over the past few years. The SCQF allows you to understand and compare qualifications and its levels clearly show how some qualifications have the same worth. For example a Higher and a Foundation Apprenticeship both sit at SCQF Level 6.
Watch this video (opens the SCQF website) to find out more about the broad range of qualifications now available to your child through effective partnerships with schools and colleges.
Get to know the SCQF: A Guide for Parents and Carers (PDF) (SCQF Website)
Compare Qualifications Old vs New (PDF) (SCQF Website)
- Helps learners plan their learner journey
- Helps individuals understand qualifications they are not familiar with
- Helps employers understand different types of qualifications and also supports effective recruitment and workforce development
- Helps education and training providers of all kinds to identify the level that has been studied in a particular subject and make it easier to transfer credit points between different learning programmes
- Provides recognition of a very wide range of learning programmes