This policy statement has been produced to provide a coherent framework from which all staff, pupils and parents/carers can develop a consistent and effective approach to home learning.
In the senior school home learning is seen as one of the principal ways in which pupil attainment and achievement can be raised.
The benefits of home learning should be developed at an early age in all pupils, so that independent home study becomes routine.
The aim of this policy document is therefore to:
- Enable pupils to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success
- Instil in all pupils the importance of life-long learning
- Provide support for pupils in planning & organising time
- Promote a responsibility for learning within each pupil
- To ensure home learning activities are stimulating and challenging and effectively supported through high quality learning and teaching in the classroom.
- To provide expectations for home learning for all departments and support proportionate and purposeful home learning activities.
Download the full Home Learning Policy document (PDF) - updated February 2022