In 2013 a revised mobile phone policy (code of conduct) was introduced. This includes all smart devices (including but not limited to iPods etc).
Code of Conduct:
In recognition of the growing range, sophistication and number of these devices owned by pupils the following code of conduct currently applies. It aims to encourage responsible use.
- Pupils bring these devices to school at their own risk.
- Phones should not be used in class unless under direction from the class teacher.
- Phones should not be connected to any school IT equipment.
- Phones should not be used whilst walking along corridors and up/down stairs. (SAFETY ISSUE)
- Any use of phones in school (and in general!) should be WISE and RESPECTFUL.
- Do not send unpleasant or inappropriate content.
- Do not take images of others without their consent.
Failure to adhere to this code of conduct may result in phones being retained in the school office. Parents/carers or others may become involved if the misuse is more serious.