Dances are an opportunity for the school to come together as a community to celebrate events and enjoy themselves. Please could all pupils and parents familiarise themselves with the information below so that no one is disappointed.
All pupils must be aware of the following:
- Pupils absent from school, due to illness, on the day, will not be allowed to attend the event. Pupils who are absent because of an appointment or family matter are asked to let the organisers know as much in advance as possible.
- Pupils below the -15 point threshold the Friday before the event will not be allowed to attend. They will have their ticket money refunded.
- Pupils whose attendance is poor (below 85%) may be required to discuss their eligibility to attend the dance with their Guidance Teacher.
- Pupils on exclusion from school will not be allowed to attend. They will have their ticket money refunded.
- Entry will be by pre-purchased ticket only.
- Tickets will not be on sale at the door (no matter how nicely you ask).
- Entry time will be limited – so check your ticket (later entry times due to travelling from a practice or event earlier in the day can be negotiated but must be done so IN ADVANCE).
- Late-comers will not be admitted. Sorry!
- Unless otherwise agreed with the HT well in advance, admission will be limited to Knox Academy pupils only.
- No re-entry if a pupil chooses to leave/go outside. You will be warned about this when you leave.
- All bags/sporrans/coats will be subject to a search.
- No bottles of liquid (plastic or glass) can be brought in to the school and will be confiscated at the door.
- The organisers retain the right to refuse admission if they have any concerns.
- Pupils who appear to have been drinking will not be admitted and parents will be called to escort them home. Similarly if pupils are found to be drinking during the dance they will be sent home and further action may be taken against them.
- All coats and bags other than small clutch bags, must be placed in the designated cloakroom area(s).
- Lockers will not be used at an evening function. The S6 Common Room will be locked and will not be used at an evening function.
- If you are concerned about someone else – their wellbeing or their behaviour, you are to report it to a member of staff IMMEDIATELY.
- Poor behaviour at a dance may result in exclusion – pupils are reminded that they are at a school function on school property and poor behaviour, aggression or fighting will be dealt with in the same way as it would be in the normal school day.
The Head Teacher reserves the right to cancel the dance at any point – this could be due to anticipated poor weather, poor ticket sales or the weather deteriorating whilst the dance is on. The safety of our pupils is of paramount concern and whilst it might be inconvenient in the short-term any decision to cancel or cut short a dance it is done with the best of intentions. Where possible and practical an alternative event will be organised.
27th November 2012.