Knox Academy was one of the original Schools of Rugby and was the first School of Rugby in East Lothian. Through investment from Scottish Rugby Union and Haddington Rugby Club we will run 5 teams to play in the SRU Conference system from September to December then play friendly fixtures against other schools within and outwith our district.
Our Fixtures Calendar is now available for Session 2018-2019.
- Boys Membership Application Form (and Parents Pack) 2018-2019
- Girls Membership Application Form (and Parents Pack) 2018-2019
Our SOR values RESPECT/ RESPONSIBILITY / DETERMINATION /PRIDE /LEADERSHIP will be at the forefront of everything we do within our Rugby programme.
The aims of SOR are:
- Increase participation numbers of boys and girls playing rugby from S1-S6 with a team at every age group.
- Create a strong relationship with Haddington Rugby Club by playing under the banner of “Haddington Rugby”
- Develop the skills and abilities of all rugby pupils through high quality coaching and conditioning and allow each player no matter what level of experience or skills they have to be involved in playing a sport.
- Offer players support both within and out with the school curriculum. • Compete with the rugby communities in Edinburgh, the Lothians & Borders and across Scotland.
- The School of Rugby provides an inclusive environment widening the range of opportunities for all players using values of the game in alignment to the School, Club and SRU values
Alongside this, we deliver high quality rugby practice sessions both within and out with school curriculum time. Our after school sessions are tailored to allow the players from S1-U18 to develop their KNT’s (Key National Themes) whilst work through the School of Rugby programme, including theory and basic conditioning sessions. As players go through the SOR we tailor the training to encourage players to challenge themselves and give them the opportunity to be selected for the East Lothian Pathway programme.
Outwith after school sessions we run an early morning conditioning session followed by breakfast club where we educate the players on the importance of physical fitness and healthy eating. Our curriculum session works on developing pupils confidence, self-respect and their ability to contribute to the wider school and community environment. We also work on core "Life Skills" which enable SOR pupils to learn and prepare for life outside Rugby and school. The School of Rugby has enhanced their sense of pride in the school, club and community, as a result we are seeing a strong rugby culture develop.