Positive Destinations In2Coaching Academy 2018 is a fully funded opportunity that provides a combination of sports based activities and tailored education. We are currently looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic and reliable young people 16 – 24 years old who have a passion for sport and who would be able to commit to the project for up to 16 hours per week over a 16 week period.
The Coaching Academy provides:
- Sports coaching experience in Football and Athletics
- SCQF Level 5 in Sports Leadership Qualification
- Quality, structured sports coaching sessions and the opportunity to participate in sport and physical activity
- The opportunity to volunteer and experience being part of a major sporting event
- Sportscotland “Introduction to Multi-skills” training
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Positive Coaching Scotland training
- Advice and guidance on further education and training opportunities
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
The project will be delivered between February and April 2018 at Bangholm Sports Pavilion, however, city wide travel to alternative venues will be expected over the programme. An information day detailing the project will take place on Tuesday 6th February, 10 am – 12 pm at The Royal Commonwealth Pool, Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh.
If you are interested in finding out more or completing an application form see Miss Jeffrey this week (Tues/Wed/Thurs) in classroom M.8.
Miss Jeffrey , applications need submitted no later than Thursday 1st February 2018. All who register their interest will then be invited to attend the Information Day stated above, where they will get a full project overview, meet the course tutors and take part in a discussion with the tutors on their suitability to gain a place on the course.