- Abraham Maslow and the pyramid that beguiled business - BBC News (1 September 2013)
- Schools of Management Thought - Dr Ray Donnelly - Chapter 5 - "The Behaviourist School - Organisation Behaviour"
- Schools of Management Thought - Dr Ray Donnelly - Chapter 7 - "Theories of Participation"
- Management - Richard L Daft - Chapter 17 - "Motivation in Organisations"
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - BusinessBalls.com
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - Learning Theories
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Case Study - Times 100
- Siemens Case Study - Times 100
- ShareSave Schemes - Tutor2U
- Motivation Without Raising Pay - BizTrain
- Production and Operations - Dis-economies of Scale - Tutor2U
- Motivation Theory and Leadership - MoneyZine
- Maslow Cartoons - Management By Manga - YouTube (5 videos)
- Motivation at Tesco - Times 100
- Developing a Motivated Workforce Case Study - Times 100
- The Dark Side of Disneyland Paris - The Independant
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
The Suprising Truth: Motivation - RSA Animate
Ban The Boss - Ultimate Empowerment
The Herding Instinct
Fascinating and amusing illustration of the tendency for people to herd or swarm. Raises questions about motivation and reward where people flock to follow or support a particular cause or product. People like to belong. Early adopters/pioneers are risk-takers. The swarm effect becomes part of the product's appeal. The internet and modern communications technologies accelerate and expand the phenomenon dramatically. (from BusinessBalls.com)