SQA Coursework 2021 Assignment: Date TBC - Before Easter Holidays
SQA 2021 Exam: TBC
These resources will be further updated during Session 2020/2021
The content is still relevant but the some revision is required to include recent PPQs.
Theory Past Paper Questions (and solutions)
- A (former) plan of action with some past paper questions
Zip Files contain the documents required to complete eg Spreadsheet or Database extracts
Email all completed tasks (with a suitable professional message) as PDFs to your Line Manager depending who that is as noted in the tasks.
- 2008 - Tayforth Caravans Ltd
- 2009 - Conference Centres (Scotland) Ltd
- 2010 - CSP Promotions
- 2011 - Caledonia High School
- 2012 - Scottish Stallholders' Association
Administrative Theory and Practice
- Outcome 1.1 PowerPoint - Time and Task Management - Updated September 2019
- Outcome 1.2 PowerPoint - Teams - Updated June 2020
- Outcome 1.3 PowerPoint - Legislation - TO BE UPDATED 17/18/19
- Outcome 1.4 PowerPoint - Work Practices and the Impact of IT in the Workplace - TO BE UPDATED 17/18/19
- Outcome 2.1 PowerPoint - Customer Service Methods - TO BE UPDATED 17/18/19
- Outcome 2.2 PowerPoint - Customer Service Monitoring - TO BE UPDATED 17/18/19
- Meetings Theory PowerPoint - not part of units, but in the overall course specification - TO BE UPDATED 17/18/19
- Leadership and Command Tasks (external website PDF)
IT Solutions for Administrators
- YouTube Channel with Demonstrations - knox.is/adminvideo - created by another Business Education Teacher - we do some things differently eg not using spreadsheet function wizards, and manually entering grouping totals; and sorting in a database report.
- Add in links to videos on Knox Academy YouTube Channel (knoxhaddington) - see SBEA for direct links at the moment.
- Conditional Formatting (Advanced) - Sophia
- Using Microsoft Office Packages - Microsoft
Communication in Administration
- Communication in Administration (Main PowerPoint) - 23 Nov 2015
- Security of Information - 23 Nov 2015
- State - listing or bullet points would be acceptable here.
- Suggest - more than just naming or stating. Put forward a recommendation or advise on a possible course of action.
- Outline - Identify key features and provide a brief description where appropriate.
- Describe - Give a description and use examples where possible as part of the description.
- Explain - Give a definition and then an example as to how something may or may not be affected.
- Discuss - Give advantages and disadvantages where possible. Use examples to expand your answer, and if possible give a conclusion to your answer.
- Compare - You must be able to compare the similarities or differences between the items, again giving a conclusion if necessary. Key words that could be used as part of your answer are "where as", "however", "on the other hand", "both have" etc.
- Justify - You must be able to give reasons why a certain course of action is being taken.
- Implications - You should be able to state what the likely outcome of a particular action will be in the longer term, either to an individual or the organisation.
- Consequences - You must be able to identify the initial impact of the action being followed.
Sample Past Paper Solutions
- SQA 2020 Question Paper - no examination (COVID-19)
- SQA 2019 Question Paper (CMD) - not yet available
- SQA 2018 Question Paper (CMD) - not yet available
- SQA 2017 Question Paper (CMD) - not yet available
- SQA 2016 Question Paper (CMD)
- SQA 2015 Question Paper (CMD)
- SQA Exemplar Question Paper (CMD)
EXAMPLE ANSWERS - It is highly recommended to look at the Understanding Standards website for example candidate answers, with commentary on marks given and mistakes made for both theory and practical questions.
- Selected Past Paper (Theory) Questions
- Bizare objects found in 'cool' offices (BBC News - 17 December 2013)
- Brave New Work: making the 9-5 Somewhere You Want To Be (BBC News - 11 July 2013)
- The pleasures and perils of the open-plan office (BBC News - 28 March 2012)
- The Telework Association
- Equal Oppportunities Training Manual (from The Centre for Economic and Social Inclusion)
- Mental Health - Wellbeing Podcasts
Higher Administration Useful Links and Downloads (for Leckie and Leckie) - this is the 'Green' L&L Book for NQ HAD.
Bright Red Revision Book
How To Pass (Hodder Gibson) Revision Book
Other Useful Sites