A great opportunity for those interested in studying medicine to attend this FREE virtual conference. It can be accessed by pupils in S3-S5 and will award students with a highly commended reference from the Presidents at Medic Mentor to acknowledge that they are a student who has gone one step further than others by attending the conference.
Upcoming conference dates:
- Saturday 7th November 2021
- Saturday 13th November 2021
- Saturday 27th November 2021
Once students attend, they will also be awarded with a highly commended reference from the Presidents at Medic Mentor to acknowledge that they are a student who has gone one step further than others by attending the conference.
The Get into Medicine conference is a significant turning point for Medic Mentor students. It will unlock exclusive opportunities such as scholarships and prizes, as well as help them to make a highly competitive application.
Our conferences run on weekends to help student attend out of school hours. Parents/Guardians will also need to attend with students for safeguarding purposes and the funding place will cover both student/parent.
- 09:30 - 10:00 - Registration
- 10:00 - 11:00 - Quick introduction to Medic Mentor, overview for the day, competition ratios, application timeline, Awards and Scholarships
- 11:00 - 11:15 Break
- 11:15 - 11:30 Presentation from a successful Applicant 11:30 - 11:45 Presentation from a successful Applicant 11:45 - 12:00 Structure of Medical Training
- 12:00 - 12:15 Break
- 12:15 - 13:15 Various talks from doctors including GP, Surgery, Hospital and Academic Medicine 13:15 - 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 - 14:30 UCAS Application Form, Entry Requirements and CV building 14:30 - 14:45 The perspective of a current applicant
- 14:45 - 15:00 Break
- 15:00 - 15:45 Personal Statements and Teacher References 15:45 - 16:00 Break
- 16:00 - 16:30 Entrance Exams: UCAT & BMAT 16:30 - 17:00 Medical School Interviews
- 17:00 - 17:15 Harnessing Opportunities and Extracurricular Activities 17:15 - 17:30 Summary and questions
We look forward to supporting your students on their medical journey and welcoming them to the Medic Mentor Family.