Some pupils who were issued with School Chromebooks to take home are likely to have found it necessary to keep reconnecting them to their network after use. A change has been made to the Chromebook management setting today by East Lothian Council IT to allow them to automatically connect to home networks.
That change may not affect wireless network connections set up before today. You may need to use the "Forget" option in the network settings screen and connect it again.
If you are still seeing a problem with connections dropping:
- click the settings area, bottom right of the screen, to open the settings menu
- click the cog, top right of that, to open the full Settings page
- click Network menu option on left
- where you can see your network listed under Network, click it
- on the next screen, click the right-arrow beside it
- check that "Automatically connect to this network" is switched on (showing as blue).
Feedback on this would be appreciated, as it will have been affecting any learners with loan devices.