Colleagues in Library Services have set up a virtual exercise challenge to walk the John Muir Way.
What do you need to do?
- Achieve the required number of steps during the month of May by walking up & down the stairs, walking around the house, walking on the spot or during your daily exercise (following social distancing requirements).
- Each participant should decide how to engage in the Virtual John Muir Way challenge according to their own fitness levels & health conditions. Please only take part in this challenge if you are fit to do so.
Which part of the challenge would you like to complete?
Choose to complete the whole route or just part of the route:
- Dunbar to North Berwick - 31680 steps
- Dunbar to Prestonpans - 45408 Steps
- Dunbar to Edinburgh - 66528 steps
- Dunbar to South Queensferry - 99264 steps
- Dunbar to Falkirk - 146784 steps
- Dunbar to Stathblane - 201696 steps
- Dunbar to Helensburgh - 283008 steps
*Please note that the number of steps are approximate.
At the end of May certificates will be available for you to download from the East Lothian Library Services Facebook page.
Let us know how you are getting on with the challenge. Comment on social media using the hashtag #JohnMuirWayVirtualChallenge and mention @knoxacademy or take part in discussion posts.
Library Services will also be posting motivational posts and highlighting appropriate resources throughout the course of the challenge. Follow on Facebook for updates.