This unit incorporates the following topics:
A Practical Experiment to increase pupils understanding of the concept of calories, including;
- Their use in the Body
- How they can be measured
- Identification of high calorie and low calorie foods
Investigation of the role of Hydration in bodily function and physical activity
A Practical Experiment to investigate the link between physical activity and calorie expenditure, and how this relates to body weight and obesity
Pupils will be asked to:
- Share learning intentions and success criteria
- Discuss ideas and concepts related to physical activity, food, and energy.
- Research and complete a group project to document learning.
- Take part in, and reflect on a variety of activities linked with physical activity and nutrition.
- Show self-awareness as a learner, writing about achievements in learning.
- Use ICT skills to document findings